This is an iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-VW1 harness and ADS-MRR box merged with our Enfig SRWH-AUD3-HILO harness and boxes. Our SRWH-AUD3-HILO harness is everything you need to install a radio in your R8. But if as you install a Maestro ready radio the Maestro box will give you information in the speedometer, certain advanced car data will show up on the radio display and your steering wheel controls will be quicker and reprogrammable. The maestro harness does not have the proper wires to be installed into your R8 without heavy modification. We merge their box with our harness to fix this. Their box does not fix the audio issues associated with most Audi vehicles, so we add our HILO box to fix this issue. On some Audi R8 we have noticed that the reverse and illumination wires do not work when using the Maestro box alone. We have added an option to use our can bus box for these signals but the Maestro box for steering wheel controls and the advanced car data. We recently have added the option to make this harness with the RR2 box. This option is not available without the Enfig can bus box.
- This harness is made specifically for the 2007-2015 Audi R8
- The HILO box fixes low audio issue in your Audi. The signal of the factory radio is much higher (8-10 volts) than aftermarket radios (2-4 volts)
- If you are not installing a Maestro ready radio the only benefit to using this harness is that your steering wheel controls will be reprogrammable.
- Features when installing a Maestro ready radio.
-Parking sensor visuals appear on the radio
-Two functions on each steering wheel control button using short and long press.
-Song information display in speedometer.
-Caller ID display in Speedometer.
-Selectable performance gauges on radio.
-Read and reset certain check engine lights on radio.
-When using RR2 - K40 radar detector integration if radio is compatible with this feature.
-When using RR2 - Maestro programmable outputs. (AKA You can trigger your ejection seat or oil slick from the steering wheel) While I obviously say this to be funny you actually can. You can program a button on your steering wheel to send a signal to activate a feature such as a hideaway front plate or your exhaust bypass valve.
- The knobs on the HILO box adjust the signal going from your radio into your factory amplifier.
- Not all the wires on the factory harness will be used.
- The Maestro version does not require a seperate programmer since it is programmed using a computer. A universal steering wheel control wire is also included.This harness is designed to connect directly into a radio with an ISO connection. If your radio does not come with an ISO connection we have converters available for most name brand vehicles.
- Here are various links from the web talking about our harness. (just one for now)
Featured positive reviews:
Worked out nice!
Just want to say thank you for working through all the details and issues of integrating into an oem amplified system for me. It’s nice to have a “plug and play” harness available so all I have to do is build the box and plug everything in. No issues with sound quality after the install. The i-data-link (maestro) device was a bit of a pain to flash only because there were some issues on my computer with having the previous software from that company for flashing some alarm imobilizer bypasses in the past. A+ on the enfig harness still